Tuesday, May 31, 2011

INTRODUCTION: VARIETY IS THE SPICE OF LIFE

They say Variety is the Spice of life
True or not, in Indian cooking it is an exclusive combination of vibrant and various spices which make Indian dishes different from other cuisines.


Variety: Vegetarian Kabob Platter (click image to enlarge)
 In India mothers usually begin to teach their daughters family recipes very early in life. Fortunately I come from a background where cooking was always a passion. I grew up watching my mother cook some of the tastiest and finest mouth-watering dishes in her kitchen. It was her special touch and unique technique of blending spices that made each dish so flavorful, exotic, and special.

Later on in life – as luck would have it – I got married to a husband whose passion was eating only the finest & best tasting food. He had a very exquisite talent for food testing and loved to critique on every dish that was brought before him. He grew up eating from the two best cooks in the family, his mother & grandmother. Thus the bar had been set very high for me right from the start. No matter what I made it was never perfect for him. There would always be something that could be improved. I accepted the challenge and didn’t give in until I got it out from his mouth that this was the best!

It was this married combination of ours; his passion for eating and mine in creating for him which led me to be a cook that I am today. All my recipes are a creation of what I have learned as an adolescent from my mother and further crowned with jewels from my husband’s passion for eating only the finest…

Join me, as I explore the delicious depths of Indian cuisine in bringing the variety of the finest flavors of Indian dishes to your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment